How to guarantee your website is ranked in Google
Technical Article: Make sure your website is at the top of the search engines
If you want to get your website to rank at the top of the search engines, follow this in-depth article.
Here we explain detailed SEO Instructions on how to make sure you have all the correct SEO techniques.
Get your content ranked on Google!
Guarantee your article gets to be ranked on the first page of Google. There are other tools to complete this process that all professional search engine optimisation and content management companies will use – this blog post shows you the basics and uses largely free tools.
By using these tips and tricks for SEO optimisation, you will create blog articles that people will want to read and that will get you to page one of Google.
Follow these simple SEO Optimisation steps. If you write good articles and blogs that answers problems for users, and follow these steps, you will get your blog post ranked on Google. GOOD LUCK.
Create Social Networking Accounts
- Use http://namechk.com/ to see if your business name is available. Namechk will search all the social networking sites, and tell you if your name is available. You can the go to each site and register your name
- Make sure that you register on the top social networking websites!
If you do not have an RSS feed on your blog or site – Create one!
- http://hostmyrss.com – HostMyRSS is a free service that makes it a easy to create an RSS feed.
Write your blog / article
- Don’t forget people search for problems and products. Find LongTail terms and keywords to research niche problems that people are searching for. Then create answers to the problems; Use your expertise and knowledge. If you sell products that solve those problems – even better!
- PROBLEMS have search terms like – How do I…, Where is…, Why can’t I…, etc.
- PRODUCTS have search terms like – Panasonic 42″ TH42/567 TV
Searchers start to search for a solution to their “PROBLEM”. Then narrow down the search (in about 5-6 searches) to the final “PRODUCT”. Ideally you will need to be listed on the search engines for both the PROBLEM and the PRODUCT/SOLUTION.
Research SEO keywords and find out what people are looking for
- Amazon.co.uk (goto bestsellers / popularity / read reviews / etc.)
- http://www.magazines.com/ (look for niches)
- http://www.meetup.com (groups local)
- https://freekeywords.wordtracker.com (keyword tool for suggestions)
- Analyse your site for AUTHORITY: http://www.opensiteexplorer.org
- Think about the AUDIENCE – Understand THEIR Problems first
- Write a SUMMARY first – make it compelling
RESEARCH the content
- Use Google Alerts to track ‘what’ is being said
- Join key and relevant FORUMS (google groups, yahoo groups, google+, LinkedIn, etc.)
Jot down as many of these as you can find…
- Ideas – search Pinterest, Tumblr, Blogger, WordPress for your niche and find articles that relate to your blog post
- Notes – write down notes – what problems are people searching for – who provides solutions to those problems?
- Lists – create lists of websites, authority sites, blog sites, directories and create your “top 10…” for the problem
- Questions – ask questions and search for those questions on Google – “how do I … “, “what is the best …“, etc.
- Reminders – setup reminders to go back to websites and other places that are interesting – bookmarks
- Personal reflections – think about your posting. Does it make sense, Does it solve the problem – easily and quickly
- Things-To-Do – write down a list of things to do to get your post / article published on authority sites
- Checklists – create checklists of those blogs and forums you need to be involved with
- Details – make notes and map out the details of your solution for your post
- Steps – clearly mark out the steps that someone needs to do in order to solve the problem or find the product
- Facts – make sure you have your facts – right!
- Reasons – what are the reasons why your post is better – does it state the reasons why your opinion or facts are correct?
- Comparisons – compare your solution or product to others on the market to show why yours is best
- Statistics – quote statistics (where available) as to why your solution is correct
- Quotes – get quotes and testimonials from others to authenticate your posts
- Illustrations / Stories – always illustrate your post with videos, images, drawings – anything to help explain the solution…
Starting with the letter “A” in the alphabet, literally begin thinking of events, places, people, items, verbs, ideas, etc. that begin with that letter and are related to the topic of your report. The goal is to go all the way to “Z”.
Example: If you are writing a product related to traveling to Austria, you might have…
A = Airports B = Business travel C = Choosing hotels D = Dining E = Entertainment F = Free tickets G = Golfing
Use keyword tools (Google, etc.) to ensure article/TITLE is keyword rich
Informational – “How to get money from your house”
Teasing – “Do you need money now?”
Product – “Top Equity Release Solutions”
Example top headlines
- Would You Like To Have A __________?
- You too can _______ in just _______ with _________!
- Who Else Wants To _______ With ________?
- Which One Of These _____ Problems Do You Want To Get Rid Of?
- What Would You Rather Do: _____ Or ______?
- What Everybody Ought To Know About The _____ Business
- Turn your _____ into a ______
- To People Who Want To _____ But Can’t Get Started
- The _____ way to __________!
- The Secret to ______ Is Simply _____!
- The 10 Quickest Ways To _____
- Teach Yourself _____ In _____
- Stop _____ And Start _____
- Sick And Tired Of _____?
- Need More _____?
- Improve Your _____ In As Little As _____
- If You Can _____ You Can _____
- How To Turn Your _____ Into The Most _____
- How To Turn _____ Into _____
- How To Have A _____
- How To _____ That _____
- How To Get _____ Out Of _____
- How To Become _____ With A _____
- Hidden _____ In Your _____
- Free _____ Tells You 17 Secrets Of _____
- Are You An Over _____ Under _____?
Things to remember
- Use statements and questions in the SEO title that people are searching for
- THINK LOCAL – 74% of internet users do local searches
- Make sure the “Meta Data” is correct
- Make sure you have ONE H1 tag and it repeats your tag and is relevant to your content
TOP 10 things to remember when writing an article
- Title Tag 8-10 words (with primary keywords at the beginning – unique to each page)
- The Title tag must be RELEVANT to the PAGE Content
- Meta Description – Make sure it matches your page content
- Headings – H1, H2, H3 (only ONE H1 tag on the page and repeat your title keywords)
- Image filenames with ALT/TITLE attributes (70 – 80 characters – lowercase – no spaces just use hyphens)
- Diverse keywords – think of other keywords that are similar to main keywords.
- Relevancy – how relevant to your audience are your keywords?
- Links that are REPUTABLE – link to sites that top ranking sites and relevant
- ANCHOR Text IS IMPORTANT
- URL must contain your keywords – but only 3 or 4
- CREATE A VIDEO and publish on YOUTUBE – then EMBED on your blog
- Publish the VIDEO on VIMEO (sign up for a free account)
- Create a SLIDESHARE of your BLOG CONTENT
- Check keyword density (see tools below)
- Write compelling content (then PAD, POLISH and PROOFREAD)
- Research other TOP articles to see content
- WRITE A COMPELLING HEADLINE that hit’s your NICHE!
- Link to your article as much as possible from your MAIN WEB SITE
- Link to your MAIN SITE from your BLOG – especially to ‘Call to Action’ pages
- Use short paragraphs – long paragraphs are difficult to read!
- Use bullet points to break up text with keyword rich content
- Use H2 – H5 heading levels
- Use images with proper ALT tags and Title Tags
- Make sure you have SOCIAL NETWORKING icons and links in your BLOG POST
- Include your NAME and EMAIL to make it easy for viewers to get directly in touch
- PROMOTE commenting
Use a SPELL and GRAMMAR Checker!
Top SEO Tips…
- Keep a diary or journal for writing down ideas and problems your customers have
- Allocate time per day / week to create the articles
- If using WordPress, etc. Create the headlines and keep article as DRAFT
- Create the outline of the article (start – middle – end – summary)
- Before submitting to directories, create a cribb sheet with:
- Title of blog article
- Description of blog article
- Keywords of blog article
- URL of blog RSS feed
- URL of blog
- Date Submitted
- Services Submitted to…
- List of high PR sites to get links from and write comments (see tools below)
- Write your resource box for submitting to ezinearticles or similar
Submit your Article to your local SEO Company to check content
Tools to check your article / blog
- Keyword Density: http://tools.950buy.com/keyword-density/
- Meta Tags: http://tools.950buy.com/meta/
- Check PageRank: http://www.whatsmypr.net/
- Check PageRank2: http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/pagerank-checker/
- Research backlinks: http://www.backlinkwatch.com
- SpyBot simulator: http://tools.950buy.com/bot-simulator/
- Where do I rank for a phrase: http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/
- Create keywords for Google tool: http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/keyword-tool/
Find forums and blogs talking about your niche
Enter the following (all one line) into Google Search replacing “keyword1 keyword2” with your niche:
site:.com inurl:blog "post a comment" -"comments closed" -"you must be logged in" "keyword1 keyword2..."
Submit to social networks at least 3 times per day – twice per week, for 2 weeks:
- Use Bit.ly to track with different addresses for different times of the day
- Twitter (remember 140 chars gets reduced when someone reTWEETS your Tweet!)
- LinkedIn (if appropriate)
- Facebook Page (if appropriate)
- Use http://ping.fm/ to submit to multiple Social Networking sites in one go
- Use https://hootsuite.com/ Manage multiple social networking systems in one place (E.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FriendFeed, Plurk, Delicious, Flickr, etc.)
Re-submit sitemap to:
Blog directories (you will need your blog RSS feed url)
- (see http://www.toprankblog.com/rss-blog-directories/ and others)
- http://www.blogcatalog.com (needs verification code in webpage)
Popular blogs to “see how it’s done”
- Backlink Finder: http://dropmylink.com/
- Comment on other blogs relevant to your niche (check they are ‘follow’ links) – check their PR (page rank)
Use Multi-Ping Services
- http://tools.950buy.com/rss-submit/ (submits RSS to multiple services)
Submit to Article Publishers
- more in your niche and local area
- Press Release Agencies online (most decent ones are subscription only)
Use your Website analytics to check what works for your niche!!
- Google Analytics
- Time of day posting
- A/B Content
- WordPress Stats
Other relevant articles in this series
- Quick Tips on using Keywords
- How to beat your Competitors on the Search Engines
- Quick tips and tricks for top SEO Ranking
- Quick tips for OnPage SEO Meta Descriptions